Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Wednesday Rose



Just broke open our bottle of Channing Daughters 2013 Rose Table Wine, which we picked up earlier in the summer on a wine tasting excursion in the North Fork. 

It is delicious, plain and simple. Strawberry on the nose and palate. Nice acidity, nice finish…The perfect refreshment after Citi Biking home on a humid, hot summer evening. I am starving at the moment and waiting for my husband to come home so we can enjoy a late night dinner (the usual). I am making spaghetti carbonara - I use Mario Batali's simple recipe. I am not sure what is compelling me to strike up the stove in this heat, but I think it will pair well with the rose. The acidity will help to cut the heaviness and fat. It feels right from a color palette perspective (bacon, rose…you see the connection, right?)

All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment